9/20/10

The Kite Runner

Friday the 10th we got an assignment to read the book “The Kite Runner” written by Khaled Hosseini. I love to read so I think I will not only enjoy the book, but also this project. Sadly, I haven't started to read the book, but I’ll be starting later this evening. I will be posting how far I’ve come with the book and tell you guys what it’s about. I won’t reveal any major happenings of course, for those of you who want’s to read the book for them self’s.
Description of “The Kite Runner":


 
 'Twelve-year-old Amir is desperate to win the approval of his father, so resolves to win the local kite-fighting tournament and prove that he has the makings of a man. His loyal friend Hassan promises to help him - for he always helps Amir. But this is 1970s Afghanistan and Hassan is merely a low-caste servant who is jeered at in the street, although Amir feels jealous of his natural courage and the place he holds in his father's heart. Neither of the boys can foresee what will happen to Hassan on the afternoon of the tournament, an event that is to shatter their lives. After the Russians invade and the family is forced to flee to America, Amir realizes that one day he must return, to find the one thing that his new world cannot grant him: redemption.'




Description taken directly from the book.
Picture taken from HERE

1 comment:

  1. Great I look forward to reading you thoughts about the book as your reading progresses!

    ReplyDelete